Saturday, June 22, 2013

14-Year-Old Boy Choked, Arrested, and Prosecuted for Staring at Police | Equal Justice Initiative

I am ashamed to say that this young mans mother displayed way more restraint than I would have.  The public would have been recording the police whooping on me as I tried to peel them off of my child. 

Yes, I know, I should know better.  I am a professional, I am a lawyer, I am an officer of the court.  But chew on this thought for a moment: The police are supposed to be professional, they are supposed to protect and serve (don't laugh, I'm serious) they are literally officers.  I understand that everyone has their eyes on Miami Heat these days, but there is something going on in Miami-and across the nation-that should make you a little more hot under the collar than the Heat.

Be blessed. (and be careful, don't look at the police too long, you might get choked)

14-Year-Old Boy Choked, Arrested, and Prosecuted for Staring at Police | Equal Justice Initiative

No comments:

Post a Comment