Saturday, December 1, 2012

365 days later...

1 year at the Public Defender's Office on 12/1. 
I have learned that police lie-HORRIBLY and often. 
I have learned that people are willing to risk their freedom on "the principle". 
I have learned that 99% of the time there is nothing just about the justice system but I have also learned that you can make someone's day just by listening to them and speaking to them like a human being. 
I have learned that very few people are all bad or all good. 
I have learned that you must be VERY tactful when bringing to the courts attention that they have f*cked up. 
I have learned that your bad day can be turned around when you get the biggest hug ever from someone's mama even if all you did was get their bond down from $60,000 to $20,000. 
And I have learned that after 10 years of doing this job-I'm sure that I will have plenty more left to learn.....
Until next time,

Be blessed, be careful, don't confess and don't consent.

~LT

No comments:

Post a Comment