Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My top priority

I must admit I do not know what it is like to close my eyes and open them the next morning, still inside of a county jail. I do not know what it is like to lay my head down and get back up the following day with my child still behind bars. I, thankfully, do not know what it is like to be housed in a treatment facility for mental health, drug abuse or alcohol abuse. I do not know what it is like to be my clients so I try to take that into consideration when they work the very last nerve I have left for the day. However, if I could be so small as to say, they don't know what it's like to be me either. They don't know what it's like to have hundreds of lives depending on you each day, they do not know what it is like to be awakened by the sickening feeling that they have forgotten something that may cause hell in the life of another. They do no know what it is like to have over 200 pairs of eyes looking at you for the answer, each one believing that they are last on my priority list.

I know there is a lot my clients wish they could tell me. Well, I wish I could tell them something also...

If you are in jail--you are a priority to me

If the judge told me to report back about you--you are a priority

If my boss asks about you--you are a priority

If you are facing prison time--you are a priority

If you are facing probation revocation--you are a priority

If you are pending youthful offender status--you are a priority

If you are pre-indictment--you are a priority

If your offer is about to expire--you are a priority

If you do not have an offer in your case yet--you are a priority

If you are a mother--you are a priority

If you have a mother--you are a priority

If your mother calls and calls and calls to bug me--you are a priority

If your mother could care less about you--you are a priority

If you are a first-time offender--you are a priority

If you are facing habitual offender status--you are a priority

If I have all of the discovery in your case--you are a priority

If I have yet to receive the discovery in your case--you are a priority

If you are a father--you are a priority

If you have a father--you are a priority

If your father calls and calls and calls to bug me--you are a priority

If your father could care less about you--you are a priority

If your parents are also felons--you are a priority

If your parents swear they didn't "raise you this way"--you are a priority

If your spouse is sick or disabled--you are a priority

If your parents are sick or disabled--you are a priority

If your child(ren) is (are) sick or disabled--you are a priority

If your kids are well--you are a priority

If you are the sole income in your home--you are a priority

If you stay at home to take care of the house--you are a priority

If you have mental health issues--you are a priority

If you have been set up--you are a priority

If you want a trial--you are a priority

If you just want to plea and get on with life--you are a priority

If you are innocent--you are a priority

If you are guilty--you are a priority

(http://www.csuchico.edu/~nwylde/250/digpaint/JakespsySelf.jpg)


The moral of the story is you are a priority to me, no matter your situation, I understand you have a situation. The problem is you are not my only priority.

Sigh...I need an assistant.

Until next time,

Be blessed, be careful, never consent and never confess!

~LT

No comments:

Post a Comment